I'm excited to be back in the saddle, linking up with Darci from The Good Life Blog for my favorite link-up :)
1. Holla for jean day at work! My dress pants are feeling a little snug from packing on a couple pounds the past two weeks. I like to self-medicate when I'm sick by having Bradley get me king-size Twix and Snickers on a nightly basis to ease my pain. Plus, my thought process has already gone to convincing myself it's okay to put on a few pounds because the holidays are around the corner and I'm going to gain weight anyway. Can you say faulty logic?
2. I'm so excited for the Cardinal's game tonight! Game 1 of the NLCS baby! I love baseball, but I get bored watching games during the regular season unless it's against the Cubs because at least the rivalry spices things up a bit. But the post-season gives me such a baseball high. I love the intensity and the drama of it all. Plus, I like rubbing the Cardinal's success in the faces of my Cubs fan friends. That never gets old ;)
3. Bradley tried convincing me last night that we should make the 6 hour road trip to Lexington to watch the Alabama/Kentucky game. Because 12 hours in the car and 4 hours watching a game I'm not in to sounds like the perfect way to spend my Saturday. In the words of Dr. Evil, "How 'bout no, Scott."
Not that I wouldn't want to go to another game with him (the last Alabama game we went to it poured, we were soaking wet, and we discovered they don't sell alcohol at college games) but I'm not interested in an unorganized, spur of the moment trip to go to one. I like things well planned out, and I like enough notice to be able to relinquish some control over the situation. Mostly, I just want to sleep in and drink Strawberitas all day. I have priorities.
Maybe I'll spend Saturday crafting some sort of Alabama wreath for the front door to satisfy his Crimson Tide needs. Blog post idea ;)
4. I'm participating in this Fall Swap that Allie from Tales of a Twenty Something is hosting and I'm so excited. I got partnered with Ashley from Cats, Cuddling & Carrot Cake and it has been so fun getting to know her and reading her blog. I just mailed out her box today and I can't wait for her to get it and check out all of her goodies. Check back next week for a post about our swap :)
5. I've been thinking a lot about doing a Q&A post sometime soon, so if all of you lovely people could comment with some questions that you are just dying to know the answers to about me, please feel free. I love talking about myself (obviously) and I really want to get a dialogue going between myself and all of you beautiful people who visit my corner of the blog world daily.
The person with the best, most unique question will get to write a guest post on my blog! Listen, I know I'm not at Holly status where that is like, a big deal, but I want my favorite readers/bloggers to all get to know each other like I do. Plus, I'm going to give you a topic to write about, which is going to be lots and lots of fun to read ;)
I hope you all have an awesome weekend! I'm going to try to kick Bradley's ass into writing that damned blog post he insisted he be allowed to share. His reluctance at this stage in the game just reinforces everything I've already told you about him!!
Check ya later fools!