I am so glad this week is over, you have no idea. I feel like a big ball of stress that needs to unravel. So much so that I've found gray hairs sprouting up all over my head. Bradley and I found ourselves in the bathroom the other day looking in the mirror and arguing over who had more.
This is how we keep the romance alive ;)
And now, it's time for Five! (See what I did there?)
1. I'm just going to come right out and call bullshit on everyone jumping on this "Thankful" bandwagon we have going on this month. The same people that I see incessantly bitching and complaining on Facebook while posting their passive aggressive e-cards trying to be ironic and sarcastic are now incredibly thankful for everything from their monthly period cramps to the idiot bozos at McDonald's who forgot to put Sweet & Sour sauce in their bags. Honestly, I see through all your transparent bullshit people. Try being thankful 365 days a year and see how far you get. Or, be like me and just be incredibly cynical and snarky every day of the year and see how awesome you can be. Either way.
2. Speaking of the holidays, it's time for us to start whippin' this house into shape. Bradley is having both of his sisters and their families come into town for Thanksgiving. That means I have to clean like a psycho (nothing new), prepare food for our Thanksgiving, prepare food for my family's Thanksgiving, entertain guests, clean up, go visit my family and have another meal & clean up, and then get up the next morning like a crazy person and go shopping. Bring on the Redbull!
I've been telling Bradley that we need more plates, dishes, and serving trays for this. He doesn't understand why presentation is so important. All I have to say is, I'm not having the Stanfield's over for Thanksgiving without at least a couple of Thanksgiving-themed serving trays and that's that.
3. I have had the worst round of luck lately, let me tell you. My car has become the bane of my existence. There's been a rattling noise going on somewhere in the back for a couple of months now. I've told Bradley about it, and he's even made mention of it when he's driven it before. About a week ago it started to sound really loud and pretty much doesn't want to go. Finally tonight I told him he needed to look underneath because I thought it looked liked something was hanging from underneath of it. Turns out, my muffler pipe is broken except for this miniscule piece that is holding it together. One bad bump and it would probably have fallen off while I was driving. The only word I can find to describe my feelings on this is, "Fuck."
4. For whatever reason that I cannot on a conscious level identify, I have become obsessed with hummus. I've been thinking about it non-stop, talking about it, dreaming about it, everything. There's this trendy cafe by my work that has the most incredible hummus you could ever imagine. The best part is that it comes with these triangle pieces of this warm, soft, delicious pita bread to dip in the hummus. The feeling I had when I first tried it is comparable to that of how I felt when I held Chordie in my arms for the first time. Just absolute true love. Not that I love hummus like I love my dog, but definitely along the same lines.
5. Tomorrow is supposed to be 63 degrees and sunny with clear blue skies. I'm trying to talk Bradley into taking Chordie to this park outside of town to let her run around in nature and pretend to be a real dog. I also want to get my camera out there and snap a few pictures. I can't wait for my lazy weekend with my two loves. And sleeping. I cannot wait to sleep, a lot.
Hope you all still love me despite my crazy bitchy ranting. Have a great weekend :)